The website dedicated to women's football across the country, at ALL levels of the game

About Us…


News Archive

Get the mag!

Scottish Women’s Premier League

Rangers have opened up a three point lead at the top of ScottishPower SWPL 1, following their 4-0 victory over Hamilton Academical.

Chelsea Cornet put Jo Potter’s side in front shortly before half time and four minutes after the break, Mia McAuley doubled their lead. Lizzie Arnot put them further ahead and McAuley rounded off the scoring with her second goal, five minutes from time.

Rangers were further boosted by the news that second placed Celtic lost a little ground when they drew 1-1 with Hearts. Georgia Timms got Hearts off to a great start when she gave them a ninth minute lead and Caitlin Hayes levelled matters early in the second half, but well disciplined defending ensured that the Hoops were unable to score a second and gave Hearts a well earned point.

Glasgow City were able to catch up ground on Celtic as they scored six times without reply past Partick Thistle. Aleigh Gambone and Lauren Davidson scored in quick successsion as City took a two-goal lead and Linda Forrest added a third ahead of half time. Davidson completed her double within ten minutes of the restart and Kenzie Weir rounded off the scoring when she scored a late double.

Hibernian ran out 7-0 winners over Aberdeen on Saturday, a result which means they go into the break in fourth place. Shannon McGregor opened the scoring with nine minutes on the clock and after Jorian Baucom netted twice, Kirsty Morrison put them further ahead and Baucom completed her hat-trick on the stroke of half time. Brooke Nunn wrapped up a great day for her side when she netted twice in a three minute spell, midway through the second half.

Motherwell put further ground between themselves and the teams below them, thanks to a 1-0 success away to Dundee Utd. Joanne Addie scored the only goal of the game with a header from a corner after 26 minutes to hand ‘Well a fifth victory of the season and extend the gap between the two teams to six points.

Montrose were moments away from a second successive victory but had to settle for a 1-1 draw with Spartans. Demi Taylor put Montrose ahead after three minutes when she scored direct from a corner, and they remained in front until deep into injury time when Erin Henderson pounced to salvage a point for Spartans, but it means they remain in the bottom two places.

Queen’s Park continue to dominate matters in SWPL 2 with a 1-0 win away to Livingston, which means that they will go into the break with a huge twelve point lead. Abby Callaghan scored the only goal of the game on the hour mark to hand the Spiders a 12th win in thirteen matches. Kilmarnock meanwhile were held to a 2-2 draw by Gartcairn Women who picked up only their second point of the season. It could have been even better for Cairn as they led 2-0 after an hour thanks to Abby Skelton and Caitlin Moran, but after Yasmin Boyce had pulled a goal back, Lauryn Reside rescued a point for Killie with five minutes remaining. Defeat for Livingston and a draw for Kilmarnock means that Boroughmuir Thistle have climbed up into second place for the first time this season following their 2-0 victory over St Johnstone, which was given to them by goals in the last ten minutes from Beth MacLeod and Cara Borthwick. Stirling University meanwhile stay one point ahead of Glasgow Women after their meeting finished in a goalless draw.  

Back to home page

Boroughmuir Thistle on the attack against St Johnstone (SWPL/Colin Poultney). Kodie Hay of Partick Thistle holds off Glasgow City’s Emily Whelan (SWPL/Malcolm McKenzie).